We found one solution for the Climbing Equipment Crossword Clue. The most likely answer is to have 6 letters and we think that the answer is PITONS.
|Climbing Equipment crossword clue
You may find several answers below for the climbing equipment crossword clue.
If you’re not sure which answer to choose, double-check the letter count to make sure it fits into your grid.
You can find all of the known answers to this clue below.
What Is Climbing Equipment Crossword Clue?
The clue is a word that means “to use a tool that helps a climber to ascend or descent a climbing route.”
The answer to the clue is “pitons.”
What Are Climbing Pitons Used For?
Climbing pitons are used to anchor yourself or your rope on a climb.
They are made of metal and have a hook on the top to attach them to a carabiner.
Pitons have been used in climbing for decades and they are still very popular today.
This is because they are lightweight, easy to carry, and durable.
They also come in various shapes and sizes so you can find one that suits your needs.
The most common type of piton is the passive or dead-man piton.
These types of pitons don’t require any other equipment for setting them up like a hammer or chisel, and they can be easily removed from the rock surface by pulling out the attached carabiner with enough force.
The main downside to these types of pitons is that they have limited holding power due to their design which only has one point of contact with the rock surface at any given time.
Climbing equipment puzzle clue is a classical US puzzle game that we have spotted over 35 times.
We hope that the list of synonyms below for the climbing equipment crossword clue will help you finish today’s crossword.
We have arranged more synonyms for the climbing equipment crossword clue.
- PITONS – climbing equipment
- PITON – Item of climbing equipment
- ROPE – Wall-climbing equipment
- AEGIS – Climbing equipment reduced one’s protection
- LADDER – Run for fireman’s climbing equipment
- GLPENSTOCK – Panel ordered standard climbing equipment
- NETS – Trawling equipment
- CRAMPON – Item of climbing equipment
- GEAR – Equipment
- CARABINER – A piece of climbing equipment
- RIG – Fix; equipment
- ALPENSTOCK – Climbing equipment stolen, pack lost
- POTATOSACK – Field day equipment
- REAL PROPERTY – Land on the mountain with climbing equipment to try out
- DRUMSET – Rock equipment
- ROPE LADDER – Painter to run to get climbing equipment
- SCUBA – Diving equipment acronym
- ICE PICKS – Runner returns around the country’s first epic with climbing equipment
- IVY – Climbing plant
- STEPLADDER – Heading for the peak, chap departs wearing a guide’s climbing equipment
- RIFLE – Biathlete’s equipment
- GROPE – Feel about the guide’s top climbing equipment
- KIT – Equipment
- ICE SCREW – Climbing equipment made by the team of gelato sellers
- AMPS – Stadium show equipment
- VINY – Abounding in climbing plants
- MACHINERY – Equipment
- BOTTOMLESS – PITON Broken climbing gear?
- PERGOLA – Garden climbing frame
- UPHILL – Climbing
- LADDERS – Firefighting equipment
- ASCENDANCE – Climbing
- OARS – Rowboat equipment
- SCRAMBLING – Climbing
- SENSORS – Security equipment
- TENDRILS – Climbing plant parts
- TACKLE – Equipment
- WANDERING – Climbing
- SCALING – Climbing
- SHOOTING – Climbing
Crossword Puzzle Tips and Trivia
How are crossword clues used in puzzles?
Crossword puzzles are not just a fun way to pass time.
They also serve as a form of mental exercise.
Crossword clues are the key to solving the puzzle.
A clue is a word or phrase that provides the answer to another word or phrase in the puzzle.
The crossword clue is an answer for another word in the crossword puzzle.
The clue provides an answer for another word in the crossword puzzle.
How many letters are in a typical crossword puzzle?
The answer is that the number of letters in a typical crossword puzzle is typically 150-200.
How many words can you find in a crossword puzzle?
A crossword puzzle is a word game where the player has to find words that connect horizontally and vertically.
The number of words in a crossword puzzle can vary greatly.
It all depends on what level the player is playing at, how many words are in the grid, and how many blank spaces there are.
- Ornamental Climbing Plant Crossword Clue
- Climber’s Cutting Tool Crossword Clue
- Climber’s Goal Crossword Clue
- Trellis Climber Crossword Clue
- One May Climb a Wall Crossword Clue
- Sure-Footed Alpine Climbers Crossword Clue
- Rock Climber’s Aid Crossword Clue
- Uses a Crystal Ball Crossword Clue
- Mountain Climbing Gear Crossword Clue
- Climbed Without Ropes Or Harness Crossword
- Like A Bicycle Climbing A Hill Crossword Clue
- Peak Climbed In The 2018 Oscar-Winning Documentary “Free Solo” Crossword Clue