We found the solution for the Folk Blues Singer crossword clue. The top solution is determined by ratings, popularity, and frequency of searches. The most likely answer for the clue is REST.
|Folk Blues Singer Crossword Clue
You can find multiple different answers below for the Folk Blues Singer crossword clue.
If you are unsure which is the correct answer to choose, double-check the letter count to make sure it fits into your crossword grid.
What Is the Folk Blues Singer Crossword Clue?
We will be looking at the definition of the crossword clue for “Folk Blues Singer.”
A crossword puzzle clue is a word or phrase that hints at the answer to a crossword puzzle.
A crossword puzzle clue may be a word, phrase, or partial word.
And the crossword clue for Folk Blues Singer is ODETTA.
Who Is Odetta, the Great Folk Blues Singer?
Odetta Holmes, also known as Odetta, was an iconic American folk singer and civil rights activist born on December 31, 1930, in Birmingham, Alabama.
She was a renowned performer of spirituals and was deeply involved in the civil rights movement of the 1960s.
Odetta was a powerful voice for the oppressed, and her influence stretched far beyond the bounds of music.
Her recordings and performances of traditional folk, blues, and spirituals helped to bring attention to the struggles for civil rights and racial equality in the United States.
Her work inspired future artists and activists, and her fearless spirit and powerful voice will forever be remembered.
Odetta tragically passed away on December 2, 2008, in New York, New York.
Folk Blues Singer is a very popular puzzle game in the USA that we have spotted over 31 times.
Our team hopes that the list of synonyms for the Folk Blues Singer crossword clue will help you finish today’s crossword.
We have gathered even more useful synonyms for the Folk Blues Singer crossword clue, which you can find in the list of clues below.
List of Synonyms for the Folk Blues Singer Crossword Clue
- ODETTA – Folk Blues Singer
- BAEZ – Folk singer Joan
- SONNY TERRY – Folk-blues musician whose albums with Brownie McGhee include 1960’s Down Home Blues
- IRMA – Blues singer Thomas
- LEAD BELLY – American folk and blues singer
- LEE – Blues singer Julia
- TELL – Swiss folk hero
- REEL – Folk dance
- BESSIE SMITH – Blues singer whose song “Down Hearted Blues” sold over two million copies
- JOHNNY CASH – “Folsom Prison Blues” singer
- NINA – ‘Backlash Blues’ singer _ Simone
- GORME – “Eydie Swings the Blues” singer
- EWAN – __ MacColl, folk musician
- SKAGGS – “Highway 40 Blues” singer Ricky
- IDA – “Death Letter Blues” singer _ Cox
- MUDDY WATERS – “Honey Bee” blues singer
- REA – Blues-rocker Chris
- MERLE – “Workin’ Man Blues” singer Haggard
- ANI – DiFranco of folk
- SIMONE – Blues singer Nina
- ADIA – _ Victoria, singer known for her ‘gothic blues’ style
- MAMIE – ’20s blues singer Smith
- NHL – Blues’ org
- SINATRA – “Learnin’ the Blues” singer
- ARLO – Guthrie of folk
- MCCLINTON – Blues singer Delbert
- SOCIETY – Fashionable folk
- ALBERTAS – Blues singer Hunter, et al.
- ARIE – Singer India
- KATHI – Blues singer McDonald
- REN – Singer Carpenter
- KO KO – Blues singer Taylor
- LANG – Blues singer Jonny
- ALICIA – Singer Keys
- OTIS – Blues singer Johnn
- MYTH – Folk story
- BIG MAMA THORNTON – Blues singer-songwriter
- ETTA – Blues singer __ James
- SIMONES – Blues singer Nina and family
- ANA – Blues singer Popovic
- RAITT – Blues singer with 10 Grammys
- HOWLIN WOLF – Legendary blues singer
- IRMA – Grammy-winning blues singer Thomas
Crossword Puzzle Tips and Trivia
Do puzzles help with critical thinking?
Puzzles are an excellent way to help children develop their problem-solving and critical-thinking skills, which are essential for mastering other skills later in life.
Solving puzzles can also help children with pattern recognition, memory, and both gross and fine motor skills.
Furthermore, puzzles are a great way to help a child practice their cognitive skills, such as focus, concentration, and mental flexibility.
They can even help with visual-spatial skills, which are important for navigating and orienting oneself in the physical world.
Finally, puzzles can also help a child build confidence and self-esteem as they successfully complete each one.
All in all, puzzles provide a great way to help a child learn and grow in a fun and engaging way.
Are puzzles good for the aging brain?
Brain games and puzzles are excellent ways for older people to exercise their cognitive functions.
By engaging in activities such as jigsaw puzzles, they are able to use both the left and right sides of their brain simultaneously.
The left brain is especially adept at logical thinking, problem-solving, and working in a linear fashion, while the right brain is more creative and intuitive.
Therefore, puzzles and brain games offer a great way for older people to not only challenge their cognitive abilities but also to stimulate their minds and enhance their overall mental well-being.
Additionally, research has shown that playing games and engaging in puzzles can help slow cognitive decline and reduce the risk of certain age-related diseases such as Alzheimer’s.
- French Folk Tune Crossword Clue
- Morris of Country Music Crossword Clue
- Raucous Music Style Boogie Woogie Crossword Clue
- Together, in Music Crossword Clue
- Queer as Folk Actress Gill Crossword Clue
- Pipe Bend Crossword Clue
- Short Musical Pause Crossword Clue
- 2002 Musical that Won 8 Tonys Crossword Clue
- Musical Finale Crossword Clue
- Odelay Musician Crossword Clue
- Day By Day Musical Crossword Clue
- Clay Creature of Jewish Folklore Crossword Clue
- Music Genre of Celia Cruz Crossword Clue
- Like Son Jarocho Music Crossword Clue
- Celestial Figure Depicted in Babylonian Folklore Crossword Clue