We found 2 solutions for Ornamental Climbing Plant Crossword Clue. The most likely answer for the clue is CLEMATIS.
|Ornamental climbing plant crossword clue
You may find several answers below for the ornamental climbing plant crossword clue.
If you’re not sure which answer to choose, double-check the letter count to make sure it fits into your grid.
You can find all of the known answers to this clue below.
What Is Ornamental Climbing Plant Crossword Clue?
The clue for “ornamental climbing plant” is “A plant, such as an ivy, that grows up walls.”
This clue is referring to a climbing plant that grows up walls. The answer to this clue is clematis.
What Is a Clematis?
Clematis is a genus of about 300 species of deciduous and evergreen vines, shrubs, and herbaceous perennials.
The genus is in the family Ranunculaceae along with buttercups, anemones, ranunculus, and forget-me-nots.
The name clematis comes from the Greek word “klema” which means “vine shoot”.
Clematis can be found in many different parts of the world including North America, Europe, and Asia.
They grow best in moist soil where they can climb trees or other structures to reach sunlight.
Ornamental climbing plant crossword clue is a classical US puzzle game that we have spotted over 15 times.
We hope that the list of synonyms below for the ornamental climbing plant crossword clue will help you finish today’s crossword.
We have arranged more synonyms for the ornamental climbing plant crossword clue.
- CLEMATIS – a climbing plant with flowers crossword clue
- PEONY – Plant with large flowers
- IVY – Climbing plant
- SWEET PEAS – Annual climbing plants with fragrant flowers
- SEEDS – Future flowers
- SWEET WILLIAM – Eurasian plant with fragrant flowers
- SWEETPEAS – Climbing flowers
- FREESIA – Small plant with fragrant flowers
- VETCH – Climbing plant with pealike flowers
- JASMINE – Plant with fragrant flowers
- REDJASMINE – Climbing plant with pinkish flowers
- GARDENIA – Plant with fragrant flowers
- PAPAW – Tree with malodorous flowers
- RED JASMINE – Climbing plant with pinkish flowers
- FERN – Plant with fronds
- MADDER – Climbing plant with a dye-yielding root
- HONEYSUCKLE – Climbing plant
- EUCHARIS – South American bulbous plant with fragrant white flowers
- BINE – Climbing plant
- VETCH – Climbing plant with pealike flowers
- VIRGINIACREEPER – Climbing plant
- RUNNER BEAN – Climbing plant with red flowers and edible pods also called a scarlet runner
- LIANA – Climbing plant
- RUNNER – Climbing plant with red flowers and edible pods also called a scarlet runner
- LIANE – Climbing plant
- HOP – Climbing plant whose dried flowers are used in brewing
- MOONSEED – Climbing plant
- WISTERIA – Climbing vine with purple flowers
- ALOE – Plant with fleshy leaves
Crossword Puzzle Tips and Trivia
What is a “down clue”?
A down clue is a type of clue that can be used to solve any puzzle.
Down clues are also known as “downwards clues” and “clues that point downwards.”
Down clues can be used to solve any puzzle by pointing to the letter in the grid where you should start your word.
Who invented the crossword puzzle?
The crossword puzzle was invented by Arthur Wynne in 1913.
He was a journalist and editor for the “New York World” newspaper.
Wynne’s puzzles were created as a way to help people with their vocabularies.
The puzzles were published in the “World” under the title of “Word-Cross Puzzles.”
Arthur Wynne died on October 13, 1923, but his legacy lives on with the crossword puzzle which is still popular today!
Creative Strategies for Solving Advanced Crosswords
The crossword puzzle is a popular word game that can be found in newspapers, magazines, and books.
It consists of a grid of black squares with words spelled out by using letters.
The clues in the puzzle are used to help you find the answers to the words.
There are various tips and tricks that can be used when solving advanced crosswords.
One way is to use your knowledge of language and grammar to figure out what letters might fit into the blank spaces.
You can also use your knowledge of history, geography, or math to figure out what letters might work in certain spaces.
Another strategy is to look for patterns or repeated words in the puzzle’s clues and answers.
- Trekking Aid Crossword Clue
- Climbs Aboard Crossword Clue
- Trellis Climber Crossword Clue
- Highest Unclimbed Mountain Crossword Clue
- Climbed Half Dome Crossword Clue
- Wall Climbing Plants Crossword Clue
- Mount Climbed by Moses Crossword Clue
- Alpine Climbing Tool Crossword Clue
- Secure, as a Climbing Rope Crossword Clue
- Hillary Who Climbed Mount Everest Crossword Clue