The Piton crossword clue with 5 letters was last seen on November 9, 2022. We think the likely answer to this clue is SPIKE.
|Piton crossword clue
You may find several answers below for the piton crossword clue.
If you’re not sure which answer to choose, double-check the letter count to make sure it fits into your grid.
You can find all of the known answers to this clue below.
What Is Piton Crossword Clue?
A Piton is a metal spike that is hammered into the ground.
This word comes from the French word, “piton” which means “a pointed metal object used to provide a grip for climbing.”
In English, this word is used as a noun and it can be found in many crossword puzzles.
What Is the Piton Used For in Climbing?
The piton is a metal spike that was used for protection in climbing. It is placed into cracks in the rock to provide a secure anchor point.
The piton was invented by Charles Raymond Lafaille, a French mountaineer and engineer, who used it to ascend Mont Blanc in 1878.
Piton puzzle clue is a classical US puzzle game that we have spotted over 15 times.
We hope that the list of synonyms below for the piton crossword clue will help you finish today’s crossword.
We have arranged more synonyms for the piton crossword clue.
- SPIKE – piton crossword clue, Piton, for one
- ARETE – Place to use a piton
- TWIN – Pollux, for one
- ROPE – Piton insert
- INSECT – Grasshopper, for one
- CREVICES – Mountain climber’s piton spots
- GAME Tetris, for one
- MOUNTAINEER – Piton user
- GANG – Jets, for one
- BELAY – The attachment of a climber to a mountain by tying the rope off around a rock spike or piton
- TELECOM – Verizon, for one
What are the clues in a crossword puzzle?
The clues in a crossword puzzle are the answers to the clues.
A crossword puzzle is a word game in which the player must fill in a grid of letters, usually with words that are read from left to right, across and down.
What are the different types of crossword puzzles?
Crossword puzzles come in many shapes and sizes.
Some are more challenging than others, but they all have the same goal: to be fun and challenging.
There are three types of crosswords:
- Cryptic crossword puzzle: This type of puzzle is often very difficult to solve because it has a different set of rules, such as the letter “Q” which can only be used once in the entire grid.
- Solve-a-crossword puzzle: This type of puzzle is also difficult to solve because it has a different set of rules, such as “Each word must contain at least one vowel.”
- Traditional crossword puzzle: This type of puzzle is the easiest to solve because it follows normal English word rules.
How many words can you find in a crossword puzzle?
A crossword puzzle is a word game where the player has to find words that connect horizontally and vertically.
The number of words in a crossword puzzle can vary greatly.
It all depends on what level the player is playing at, how many words are in the grid, and how many blank spaces there are.
Which letters are used in the crossword puzzle?
There are 26 letters in the English alphabet. These letters are used in the crossword puzzle.
The crossword puzzle is a word game that consists of a grid of lettered and numbered squares.
The object is to form words by using the letters on the grid, so that they read across and down, within a set number of squares.
- Rock Climber’s Aid Crossword Clue
- Secure, as a Climbing Rope Crossword Clue
- Climbing Plant with Flowers Crossword Clue
- The Hill We Climb Poet Gorman Crossword Clue
- Climbing Vine Crossword Clue
- Climber in Academia Crossword Clue
- Eurasian Mountain Range Crossword Clue
- I Dated My Rock Climbing Instructor for a While Crossword Clue
- Peak Climbed In The 2018 Oscar-Winning Documentary “Free Solo” Crossword Clue
- Mountain Climber’s Aid Crossword Clue
- Climber’s Goal Crossword Clue
- Climb a Rope Crossword Clue
- Alpine Climbing Tool Crossword Clue
- Like A Bicycle Climbing A Hill Crossword Clue
- Climbed Without Ropes Or Harness Crossword Clue
- Himalayan Country Unclimbed Mountain Crossword Clue