We found the solution for the Swiss Folk Hero crossword clue. The top solution is determined by ratings, popularity, and frequency of searches. The most likely answer for the clue is WILLIAMTELL.
|Swiss Folk Hero Crossword Clue
You can find multiple different answers below for the swiss folk hero crossword clue.
If you are unsure which is the correct answer to choose, double-check the letter count to make sure it fits into your crossword grid.
What Is the Swiss Folk Hero Crossword Clue?
We will be looking at the definition of crossword clue for “swiss folk hero.”
A crossword puzzle clue is a word or phrase that hints at the answer to a crossword puzzle.
A crossword puzzle clue may be a word, phrase, or partial word.
And the crossword clue for the swiss folk hero is WILLIAMTELL.
What Does Swiss Folk Hero Mean?
William Tell is an iconic folk hero of Switzerland whose story has been told and retold over the centuries.
According to the legend, Tell was a master of the mountains, a skilled hunter, and an expert marksman with a crossbow, residing in Altdorf, the capital of the canton of Uri.
He assassinated Albrecht Gessler, a powerful reeve of the Austrian dukes of the House of Habsburg, who had imposed a tyrannical rule over the canton.
Tell’s brave act of defiance against oppression and his subsequent escape with his son encouraged the Swiss people to join together and overthrow their Austrian oppressors in the Swiss War of Independence.
The swiss folk hero is a very popular puzzle game in the USA that we have spotted over 15 times.
Our team hopes that the list of synonyms for the swiss folk hero crossword clue will help you finish today’s crossword.
We have gathered even more useful synonyms for the swiss folk hero crossword clue, which you can find in the list of clues below.
List of Synonyms for the Swiss Folk Hero Crossword Clue
- WILLIAMTELL – Swiss folk hero
- TELL – Swiss folk hero William
- TELLS ON – Son follows William, the apple-off-the-head folk hero, and snitches
- INTELLECT – Brain in folk hero William addled
- MULAN Hua – _ a Chinese folk hero
- TELLING – Relation of Swiss folk hero in the German capital
- BOONE – Folk hero
- WILLIAM – Tell; Swiss folk hero said to have shot an apple from the top of his son’s head with a crossbow
- WILLIAM TELL – Swiss folk hero
- ALPS – Swiss mountains
- BAEZ – Folk singer Joan
- BERN – Swiss capital
- SATELLITE – It orbits a Swiss folk hero in place builders are at work
- ARLO – Guthrie of folk
- ZAPATA – Mexican folk hero
- TELLTALE – Blabbermouth comes with a Swiss folk hero’s story
- MYTH – Folk story
- TELL APART – See the difference when Swiss hero William has a role
- EULER – Swiss mathematician
- YODELER – Swiss folk singer
- STELLA – Her hero, William, is in the Salvation Army
- YODELLER – Singer of Swiss folk songs
- ARI – “Exodus” hero
- URI – Swiss canton
- BRAVEHEART – Historical drama film starring Mel Gibson as Scottish national hero William Wallace, and winner of a Best Picture Oscar
- REMO – 1985 action hero Williams
- GRUYERE – Swiss cheese
- AARE – Swiss river
- ASH – “Evil Dead” hero Williams
- FRANC – Swiss currency
- JUNG – Swiss psychologist
- ALPS – “Swiss Family Robinson” peaks
- TOBAGO – Island where Disney’s “Swiss Family Robinson” was filmed
- ROBINSON – Lost in space or shipwrecked Swiss family
- ROBROY – Scottish outlaw and folk hero, d. 1734
- CHARD – Swiss green
- SKIN – Hide capital for a Swiss family
- BERNE – Where “Swiss Family Robinson” was written
- IDOL – Hero
- EDNA BEST – Mrs. Robinson’s portrayer in 1940’s “Swiss Family Robinson”
- SOCIETY – Fashionable folk
Crossword Puzzle Tips and Trivia
What 3 basic skills are being encouraged during puzzle use?
Puzzles are an excellent way for kids to have fun and learn at the same time.
Simple jigsaw puzzles are an effective tool for developing children’s finger strength, perseverance, and problem-solving skills.
These skills are essential for the development of motor skills, hand-eye coordination, and concentration.
Furthermore, puzzles can help children learn shapes, colors, numbers, and letters.
Children can also develop cognitive skills such as visual processing and spatial reasoning while having fun.
As they progress in their skill level, they can move on to more difficult puzzles, which will help further their cognitive development.
Puzzles can also be used to introduce basic concepts of geometry, such as angles, lines, and shapes.
- One Named New Age Musician Crossword Clue
- Morris of Country Music Crossword Clue
- Music Festival Area Crossword Clue
- Musical Skill Crossword Clue
- Genre that Includes Techno Crossword Clue
- Musicians Garage Creations Maybe Crossword Clue
- Produced Electronically as Music Crossword Clue
- Some Musical Releases Crossword Clue
- Odelay Musician Crossword Clue
- Water Music Crossword Clue
- Pause in Music Crossword Clue
- Classic Hawaiian Folk Song Crossword Clue
- 17 Time Host of Country Music Award Crossword Clue
- 2013 Best Musical Tony Winner Crossword Clue
- Raucous Music Style Boogie Woogie Crossword Clue
- Music Genre That Includes Geeksta Rap Crossword Clue
- Celestial Figure Depicted in Babylonian Folklore Crossword Clue